Friday, July 12, 2013

When the Gym is Closed

Originally posted July 4, 2013 

Today we celebrate our country's birthday. Independence Day is synonymous with fireworks, grilling outside, and taking a break from real life.

Unless you're me. 

I worked my full-time job today (I work a graveyard-ish 4am-1pm shift) and the youth center is closed today, although my husband went in for some uninterrupted work time. The biggest thing to me though is even though its the holiday, we shouldn't skip a workout! 

My local gym is closed to observe the holiday, but it's beautiful out, so I'm going to take my workout outside!

Today is my leg day and I found a great weight-free leg workout. Along with my 30-minutes of cardio (running outside is my activity of choice today), I'm sure to get in just as good of a workout as I would with the weight machines and cross country machine, were it available. Don't forget your abs either! I'm throwing in 50 crunches today just because I REALLY want that muscle definition that I have never had!

I've attached my leg workout that I'm doing today. I encourage you to give it a try! You may like it! And since I do so much cardio that involves my legs anyway, I keep my leg days limited to one a week. 

Enjoy your Fourth of July, everyone! However you decide to spend it, I hope it's full of happiness, laughter, and health. 



No comments:

Post a Comment