Friday, July 12, 2013

July 5, 2013

From July 5, 2013

I'm not a runner. I call myself a wannabe runner. I get out there and I really try, but I can't seem to run for more than five minutes at a time. My legs start to burn and they feel like they're going to buckle. That's okay though. We aren't all runners. I push it as hard as I can and I always feel accomplished after I'm done with my run. 

Back in April, my daughter and I completed our first 5K together. She was nine at the time. We completed those 3.2 miles in about 40 minutes. The pride that we felt after finishing this milestone TOGETHER was like no other feeling in the world. 

The moral of the story is that you need to push yourself every single day. When you achieve that milestone that you thought was out of your reach, it will inspire you to push yourself harder and farther than before. 

With that said, today is my cardio and abs day at the gym. I'll do a total of 150 combined ab exercises. I do a set of 25 crunches that work my upper abdominals immediately followed by a set of 25 leg raises that works my lower abdominals. After a 30 second rest, I repeat the series. I do three sets total with a rest of 30 seconds between sets. My abs always have that good hurt going on afterwards. You should really give them a try!!

As far as cardio, I'm doing an hour. Even though I'm not a runner, I'm going to push myself for an hour on the treadmill. The best was I monitor my progress is by using my Nike+ GPS app on my iPhone. I love it because it tracks miles, pace, and my friends can even give me cheers via Facebook. It gives me the inspiration I need to keep going!

I hope you have a great weekend, friends! In hopes to further inspire you to get out there to make today great, I've included a picture of my daughter running in the 5K we completed together. If a 9 year old can do it, I know you can, too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment