Monday, July 22, 2013

July 22, 2013

Happy Monday, friends!! July is quickly coming to a close. I can't believe it will be August by this time next week. Since the dog days of summer are coming to a close, I like to look forward to what's going to happen this fall. 

Fall for me means a lot of things. The turning of the leaves, milder weather, both my daughter and myself starting school, and the chance to take my workouts outside. I'm currently researching workouts that I can do outdoors that use my own body as weights yet are as interesting as my workouts at the gym. I look forward to it. I think the milder weather will be more than welcome once it's here. 

In the meantime, last week wasn't bad, but wasn't good either. I didn't lose any weight. In fact, I gained my pound back that I lost. This proves that even the most committed have their weak moments. This is a new week though. A new opportunity to make myself proud. A new chance to reach my fitness goals. 

This week, I hope to lose that pound I lost and one more. I'll achieve this by not making the tempting foods that throw me off track (no spaghetti or taco nights this week). I also look forward to making more time for myself so that I can get to the gym. I missed a couple of days at the gym last week due to my second job, which is on hiatus until September. This school year will be tough with two jobs, school, and fitness, but I'm making a vow now to keep up with my jobs, my studies, my family, and my health. I want to have my head held high by the time 2014 rolls around! 

Speaking of fitness goals and holding my head high: I had a great workout this morning! I have rekindled my love for the rowing machine and worked my chest and shoulders today. The past two days if workouts have been stupendous and I can't wait for my weekly cycling class tomorrow morning! 

As part of staying accountable, I've included my workout report from yesterday. The cycling room at my gym has these wicked awesome black lights and my shirt and shoes were glowing bright while I was sweating it out yesterday solo. I also included a pic of the home made lemonade that I made.

For this delicious lemonade, take two strawberries, a mint leaf, a few stevia leaves, and the juice of a lemon (and I lime if you're feeling feisty) and mull it all together. Then pour into water. This has tasted so good that its all I've been drinking the last two days!! Give it a try! Although its not calorie free, it's only about 50 calories and I poured the juices into a large 40 ounce bottle, and refilled the bottle when it was almost empty to get a second bottle of strawberry mint lemon goodness!

I hope you all make it a great week! It's going to be incredible here!!


No comments:

Post a Comment