Sunday, July 14, 2013

July 14, 2013

What a whirlwind of a weekend! I picked up some overtime at work this morning, which is easy to do when your commute is from your bed to your living room. After that, I decided to do a makeup workout since I didn't make it to the gym a couple of days last week. (Instead, I worked the summer camp at the youth center and ran and played with the kids for hours!) Because today was so mild and only 78 degrees at eleven o'clock in the morning (almost unheard of in Kansas during the summer), I decided to use myself as transportation and run to the gym, lift weights, and walk briskly home. A kick ass biceps and triceps workout and 3.58 miles total travel time resulted in a wicked 1240 calorie burn! It was a great workout and I'm thinking that I'll be making more trips like this to the gym.


I've been thinking about cleaner eating. Clean eating isn't hard if you know what to look for. The biggest thing that you want to think about when it comes to clean rating isn't that you have to eat fruits and veggies to eat clean, you have to eat minimally processed food. This means choosing apples instead of an apple fritter or a grass-fed beef instead of processed hamburger patties. 

I thought that eating clean would be tough, but it's much easier than I thought it would be. In fact, I've been eating and cooking for my family pretty cleanly before I became interested in trying it. 

I found a great article online that gives you some wonderful pointers on some different choices you can make when trying to eat clean. The article is from Prevention.com, a great site to find lots of information about healthy eating and healthy living. I hope you give the article a look: 23 Ways to Eat Cleaner


As far as my progress, I dropped two pounds last week, which is awesome! I attribute the weight loss to drinking plenty of water, working my arse off, and getting in my 8 hours of sleep every night. Three things I wasn't doing enough of prior to committing to a healthier Me. I had a couple of hiccups last week (remember Taco Night?), but otherwise kept my nose to the grindstone and not only did I work hard, I worked HARDER! 

I hope you guys have a great week! I hope to have my meringues perfected by the end of the week to share with you. It's going to be a great recipe that will be fast and easy to make! Until then, here's my mantra that I chanted all last week. I plan on chanting it again this week too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment