Friday, July 12, 2013

July 9, 2013

Originally posted July 9, 2013

Even the most dedicated have set-backs. Yesterday was a great day all around: had a good day at work, spent time with my family at the pool, celebrated my mom's and nephew's birthdays, and got a little bit of sun. However, Monday was taco night in our house. For me, taco night is ALWAYS my undoing. I was hungry, I had calories left, and I knew EXACTLY what I needed to do. I didn't do it though. Two tacos turned into four which turned into dessert afterwards. 

Am I disappointed with myself? Yes. Am I giving up because of a setback? Heck no. The moral of the story is life will knock you down. You'll have setbacks, be it from circumstance or your own doing. That's the way it is. But it's not about falling down seven times; it's about getting up eight times. I'm back on track to making wise food choices! 

Don't PUNISH yourself for a slight setback. Instead, work harder. Today is my cardio and ab day and I'll be working my tail off with extra ab exercises and maybe a swim in the pool after my cardio session. 

Below you'll find my accountability report for yesterday: my mantra for the week (which I'm still chanting), calories burned, and the delicious tacos that I indulged in just a wee too much. 

Don't let setbacks derail you! You can do it, just like I know I can. Have a great Tuesday, friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment