Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 23, 2013

Planning in life is really important. I feel like I sometimes spend too much of my life organizing my life and other times I feel like I am frazzled and can't stay organized to save my life.  The good thing staying organized though is when I have a specific time set aside for things then I save time because I know when I'm supposed to be somewhere. This goes so much further than work, school, and Chloe's activities. I take time to schedule my health and fitness. My workout is usually the only time of the day that I have for myself and I cherish that time to myself. So I make sure I schedule everything and I don't compromise. If I have to schedule an appointment somewhere (doctor, school, etc) I schedule around my fitness. There's no need to skimp on your health. That should take center stage. I really feel that making my health a priority makes me a better employee, student, wife, and mother. I'm setting an example for my daughter on taking time to be healthy. My health helps me with being active and alert for work and school. I'll be able to be a wife longer because I focus on my health.

Health isn't only physical fitness. You should also take time for mental fitness: Reading, writing, and learning are as important for your mental health as exercise is for your physical health. One thing that I love to do to make my brain really work (and something that I had stopped doing for a long time until last week) is to play a game of chess. It requires thinking and strategizing. And, if we're being honest, it's one of the only things that I can beat my husband at! I'm teaching Chloe how to play chess, and Joe had never learned how to play until I taught him last week. It's so much fun connecting with my family this way, and something that we will be able to play together and share for years to come.

Yesterday was a good workout day. Yesterday was chest and shoulders, my crunches, and 40 minutes of cardio. I felt amazing after my workout. As always, my chest, shoulders, and abs were burning! I'm excited to get my workouts in for the week- mental and physical.

For my accountability report, I've included my calories burned during yesterday's workout, my calendar for you to see where I work in my workouts, and my new chess set that my fantastic husband picked up for me (for $8.00 no less!). Have a fantastic Tuesday, everyone! I look forward to sharing my change up in abs exercises with you tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment