Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Try Something New!

I've two confessions to make: First, I truly love food. I love eating it, preparing it for my family, and trying new things. I love wine or a great, crisp beer to go with my meals. Second, there are only two things about food I dislike: bacon and cilantro. Now, that doesn't mean I won't experiement with it! My husband and daughter are avid bacon fanatics, and cilantro, when used in moderation, really enhances the taste of a dish.

With that said, I will always try to post things that are very easy to make, and I am always open to suggestions to enhance a meal.

For dinner tonight, I found a delicous dish that I added on to. I found a "5 Ingredient Meal" that was just missing something. My nine-year-old daughter helped me prepare everything; it's that easy to make!

Below is the recipe. I hope you try it soon, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Spinach with Steak and Ravioli

Ingredients:
3 tbsp Olive Oil
4 tbsp Minced Garlic
Crushed Red Pepper- to taste
1/4C fresh Parmesan Cheese
18 oz fresh or frozen chopped spinach
20 oz frozen cheese ravioli
1/2 lb Flat Steak

Instructions:
1. In one pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add the ravioli and prepare to instruction (on frozen ravioli, it usually only needs to be boiled for five minutes. You'll know it's ready when the raviolis float to the top).

2. In a skillet, add 2 tbsp Olive Oil (if you are out, that's fine. Canola oil or Vegetable oil will do just fine). Heat oil and add garlic. Cook garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds. Your entire house will smell delicious). Add in the crushed red pepper to taste. When all is incorporated, finally add the spinach with 1/4C of water, and cook until spinach is nice and wilted.

3. In a third pan, use the remaining Olive Oil and pan-cook the steak to your liking. I prefer medium rare myself.

4. Chop up the steak and add to spinach.

5. Lay spinach and steak on plate, top with ravioli and Parmesan cheese.

Enjoy!

I hope your family will enjoy this as much as my family did. Questions and suggestions are always welcome. I look forward to sharing my kitchen with you!

~Summer


1 comment:

  1. I forgot to mention that this recipe yields four servings. Or, in my family's case, two normal servings for my daughter and myself, and a double-serving for my husband!

    ReplyDelete