Thursday, July 26, 2012

Breakfast: The Most Important Meal of the Day?

I always read that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I wonder where and how all of this data was collected. I am a firm believer in only eating when you're hungry, and to always have a 10-12 hour gap between your evening dinner and your breakfast. This gives you body time to put to use what you've eaten, and you're not adding food to an already full stomach.

I usually always have dinner around seven or eight o'clock in the evening, so by the time I wake up at six in the morning and work out, I am definitely ready for breakfast!

Keep it simple, but add something interesting. My favorite breakfast is egg whites with a delicious Sweet Habanero Sauce by a little Belizean company called Marie Sharp's (www.mariesharps-bz.com). It adds a sweet and spicy kick to my eggs, and, topped with some salsa, it adds that bit of interesting I crave with every meal.

Keeping it simple, yet healthy, I always have a whole wheat bagel and at least one piece of fruit.

Keep your breakfasts quick, easy, and well-balanced, and you will have enough energy to get you through even the longest early-morning conference call!

Enjoy!
~Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment