Monday, July 14, 2014

Progress!

This last week was pretty decent. I didn't lose any weight but I'm not upset. Instead, I worked out and figured out where to make my tweaks. I discovered a delicious and easy breakfast, I signed up for a 90-day fitness challenge, and I'm thinking about getting some fitness certifications! 

The tweaks: I've realized that my active recovery days need to be one or the other. A longer walk with Pilates or yoga was just as much as a run and weights. So I know now that I need to choose one or the other. I also realized (again) the importance of eating a small meal about 20-30 minutes before a workout and having recovery nutrients. Shakeology has an abundance of nutrients that pack quite the punch. This is my new go-to post-workout treat! 

I had seen all over Pinterest and other health sites about overnight oats. I made my own last night and was not disappointed! It's quite simple: take 1/2 cup of oats and 1/2 cup of milk and store it in the fridge overnight. Of course, add your favorite fruits and seasoning to it. I used strawberries, banana, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and brown sugar. I also used almond milk instead of regular milk. Give it a try! The cold oats is surprisingly delicious. 



My friend, Heather, is a BeachBody coach and has put together a 90-day fitness challenge that I'm going to participate in. I'm very excited to see where this challenge takes me and see how far I can push my limits. Stay tuned for my "before" post with pics and measurements and check back regularly to track my progress! 

Finally, my BeachBody coach/friend is getting herself PiYo certified in September and asked me to join her! I think I'm going to do it! Her invitation really got me thinking about what other fitness certifications I'd like to pursue. I've always had a passion for personal training and yoga, so I think I'm going to pursue those certifications as well. It will be a slow process, but one that will benefit everyone in the long run. I'm very excited to give it a go!

I hope you all have a wonderful week! My daughter is in Chicago until Wednesday with her grandparents so my husband and I are going to be spending A LOT of time cleaning our house. I feel new paint in my future and my daughter's room being purged like nobody's business. Whatever you decide to do this week, remember to keep yourself accountable  and to do your best! Happy Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment