Sunday, July 6, 2014

#Accountability

Accountability is one of those changes that I've been slacking on recently. I feel that this is definitely one reason that I have gained weight. Instead of planning my meals and sticking to my scheduled workouts, I ate whatever and made excuses. I promised myself that I would remain accountable here on out and make sure I was planning and scheduling and taking time for myself. 

The results have already been great. I lost a total of four pounds this week! That's a pretty great weight loss. I did it by holding myself accountable. I logged every single calorie I ate without changing the core of my diet. I've told myself that it's going to be small changes over time and not many major changes immediately. That stresses me out and throws me off the proverbial wagon kicking, screaming, and binge eating. 

Along with my mindset of accountability, I've scheduled all of my workouts this week. At first, it looked like a lot but if you really think about it, I'm not doing too much too soon or too fast. Aside from that, I have two active rest days built in. Like my doctor said, "Workout every. Single. Day." Here's my plan for the week:

Sunday: 5 mile walk @ 20" pace
Monday: 2 mile run @ 13" pace and 45 minutes boot camp 
Tuesday: 30 minutes Pilates and 3 mile walk @ 20" pace
Wednesday: 2 mile run @ 13" pace and 30 minutes kettle bells 
Thursday: 30 minutes Yoga and 3 mile walk @ 20" pace
Friday: 2 mile run @ 13" pace and 30 minutes kettle bells 
Saturday: 2 mile run @ 13" pace and 30 minutes of kettle bells

A lot of running and walking, right?! That's because I cancelled my gym membership. Kansas is GORGEOUS in the summertime and runs and walks at certain times make for a great workout!  I've got a great Pilates bar and a yoga video that I love doing. Top that off with some different kettle bell routines and a 10-pound kettle bell, and my "gym" membership went from $80/month to $3 a week (for the boot camp class)! The good news is I also have a treadmill, elliptical, and weight bench for inside workouts when it gets cold out. :) 

The word this week for me is accountability. Let's see where this planning and accountability get me. I already had a GREAT walk this morning! We made a pit stop at my in-laws' house (my kiddo needed a water break), but here's my #accountability already for the day: My walk. Have a great week, friends, and stay accountable! 

No comments:

Post a Comment