Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Happy Almost Thanksgiving

This post has nothing to do with food! The only thing remotely foody about this are the turkeys in the background of the picture.

I hope to bring some fresh ideas about preparing Thanksgiving dinner next week. In the meantime, here's a picture of my daughter at a farm the week before Halloween. She really loved all of the animals, and I learned from my brilliant child that the red skin on the tops of their beaks is called a snoot. Crazy, right?!

One piece of unsolicited I'd like to give before Thanksgiving is to check the inside of the turkey. The bag inside of it is not dressing/stuffing. In fact, its a bag of innards from the turkey. His liver, gizzards, neck, and heart are usually always included with the bird itself. These innards will make a great gravy to go with your Thanksgiving meal.

I really hope you like my Thanksgiving ideas. I can't wait to share them with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment