Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Roasted Chicken & Vegetables

I love chicken. I make chicken at least three days a week at my house. It's inexpensive and you can use so many different spices to create different dishes. 

With this chicken recipe, I used herbs de Provence, sea salt, and olive oil to to make this meal. Then, before baking, I covered everything in a delicious and fragrant sage butter.  

Here is what you'll need to serve four people:

4 chicken leg quarters
4 small potatoes
4 small sweet potatoes
4 large carrots
1 large onion

1/2 C butter
8 large sage leaves
2 tbsp minced garlic
1/8 C herbs de Provence
Sea salt, to taste 
1/4 C olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a skillet, heat butter, garlic, and sage. 
3. Wash and cut up vegetables into small pieces. 
4. In a large, deep baking dish, place chicken in dish, and lay vegetables around chicken. Cover all items in olive oil, then season all with Herbs de Provence and sea salt. Cover all with sage butter mix. 
5. Bake all items in oven for 45 minutes. 

After you lay the food on the plates, you can use the drippings to cover the the meal. The sweet potatoes add a dash of sweet to the meal. Making it delicious and interesting. 

I hope you all enjoy this meal as much as my family did. I made this meal for my family on Sunday, and it was such a hit that we plan on recycling it tomorrow!
 
Enjoy!
~Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment